Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Key to my Dreams Tag (by Shilpa)

Hello everyone, Shilpa here, glad to be back with my new large mixed media tag.

I've used Chocolate Baroque Key to my Dreams stamp set.
To create this background, first I adhered a few pieces of masking tape. I applied a thick layer of white gesso, creating texture. Next I used spray inks and Distress Paints in purple, green, blue and green randomly, untill I was satisfied, drying the layers inbetween.

I stamped the key and sentiment with black Archival ink, and coloured it with thin gold paint. I attached them to the tag with foam adhesive for dimension and my tag was ready.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and your support. Shilpa.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, fabulous colours and and texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and easy to do too but it looks very complicated.
    Great colours, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture you have achieved in the background is fabulous Shilpa and the key and sentiment in gold stand out beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful texture Shilpa xx Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous texture and tag Shilpa!! The key and sentiment are really beautiful featured like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Shilpa - I adore this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so rich and warm! At first glance I thought you made a bookcover by the size... Great textures again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and fabulous texture on the tag. Janny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!