Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 9 April 2016

Spring Greens (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a lot of Chocolate Baroque favourite stamps in my stash, which I have collected over many years, as you can well imagine! I have been taking a look through my collection, and have tried to pick out just a few to share with you today.

For my card, I have chosen a lovely tree stamp from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set. I love the versatilty of this stamp set, so many different stamps, offering many possibilities. I stuck an old book page onto some thin card, and then stamped the tree image onto the card. I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and a water brush. I also tore some jagged strips of book page, and coloured them with various colours of green Distress Ink, darker at the top, and paler at the bottom.

I added a circle mask to a white card blank, and coloured the top portion of the card pale blue, using Distress Ink. I then removed the circle mask, and added a bit of yellow ink to the circle. I stuck the book page strips to the lower end of the card, and trimmed off the rough edges.

I stamped the tree image directly onto the card, and added a bit of shading under the image using a dark green pencil. I decoupaged the image that I had stamped onto book paper over the background image. I stamped three birds from the Landscape Edges clear stamp set over the sun, and added a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments clear stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. Not sure what's happened to the blog...my laptop fault or the blog....but the post is spread across the whole page with no sidebars. Very weird!

    Anyhow, I can see the very important part ;-)! Judith I adore this card. You have retained my favourite clean look but I refuse to call this simple. It's not an easy technique to pull off with such perfection but these stamps are just right for the job. Love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design Judith, I love these quirky trees and the print in the background, great colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card,I never think to use book pages like that and it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Judith xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning card! Love how you combined blending, stamping and collaging this way! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!