Pin It button on image hover

Friday 20 March 2015

In the early morning (by Maria)



 Hello everyone, these Spring stamps are so lovely, I especially love the bird stamps, aren't they sweet?

Here some samples from me, a bit dark with these blue and brown colours but it's to show you some pictures early in the morning, just before the sun comes up. I hope you like them!

I made my backgrounds with my favorite Dylusions. I took some blue and brown and put some salt on some areas of the card. I let everything dry and then stamped my images with Versafine Onyx black ink. With some bleach and a very small paint brush I removed the colours from the design. With some watercolour paint I painted the image again with the colours I wanted. Then I took some Tyvek envelopes, cut out some triangles and coloured them in with Distress Inks in the colours of the Dylusions Ink. I took my iron and placed it for a few seconds on the Tyvek to have these beautiful shapes.

I placed the card on some cardstock, arranged my Tyvek underneath it and glued it under my card as you can see on the samples.

I hope you like my cards, and I really hope you will try it one day, these stamps are so beautiful, you really need to have them, I'm sure.

Have a nice spring time!
Greetings,
Maria

8 comments:

  1. these are all beautiful Maria - and thanks so much for sharing the details too. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply gorgeous! I love your backgrounds and the Tyvek envelope technique is new to me. Will be giving this a try. Your water colouring is just beautiful. I so wish my cards would come out as lovely as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Maria! Helemaal gaaf mooi zijn deze! De bruin-blauwe achtergronden passen zo mooi bij alle frisse kleuren... Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Another thing I'd forgotten about - tyvek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous your cards are, wonderful colours and images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to see the way you echoed the texture of the Tyvek with your salt patterns on the Dylusions backgrounds. I particularly like the way you have varied your matting layouts & sequences on the 4 designs.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Maria! I love the vibrant turquoise against the darker pinky brown and then the beautiful yellow birds and the variation of colour achieved by using the salt in the background. The Tyvek adds such gorgeous texture too. I haven't been brave enough yet to try the bleaching out technique, but it certainly does mean you can use darker colours in the background and then paint lighter colours over the top. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!