Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 8 March 2015

A Taste of Spring in Pink and Orange (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a few designs to show today featuring stamps from the new gorgeous Spring Bird- Tulip, Daffodil and Crocus sets.  The pretty images are just we need to cheer us up as we are weary of snow and extreme cold temperatures here in Ontario, Canada.  



The background above was created with Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks using an acrylic block, heat drying and then picking up the drops left on the block.

I stamped the decorative design, bird and flowers from Spring Bird - Daffodil and the foliage from Spring Foliage sets.  'Best Wishes' is from the Spring Bird - Tulip set.    I enjoyed colouring these images with pencils.

And below are four ATC's that I created using stamps from Spring Birds with Tulip, Daffodil and Crocus sets.   I'll use them as gift tags, but they are cut in the ATC size.


The backgrounds above were created with orange and pink Dylusions spray inks.  I added white Acylic paint using Memory Box stencil.  The images were again coloured using pencils.

I have one more design to show today which was very quick to create.


I painted the tulip stamp from Spring Bird - Tulip with water colour markers and then stamped onto water colour paper.  Using a water barrel brush I blended the paint.  I added a little green Brushos crystals with water to the bottom to create grass.

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirleyx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours used on these, really love them all, can't wait to receive mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley these are gorgeous I love the colours you have used
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see 3 very different examples of using these stamps. At first I thought the first & second projects had backgrounds made in the same way; fascinating to realise you'd used two completely different techniques. Your framing of the little bird in the first is particularly delightful. Hope the weather starts to get warmer for you soon.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful eye-candy :) Thanks for sharing all your lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pink-orange colours are not the colours I use often together, but think I'll have to try it, çause these cards all look so sunny and great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the richness is amazing. Love the brushos on your card. You really do a good job with them. Your ATC's are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, I love the richness of your colours and the images are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fab selection, if I had to choose it would have to be the ATC's, love the colour choice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!