Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 26 October 2014

Book of Spells - By Florence

Hi everyone
 
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

I am back again today to share two more cards made with the fabulous Book of Spells Rubber Stamp Set.  The new stamps have been an absolute delight to work with and I have had a lot of fun with them as I am sure you are all going to.

Both of these cards are really quick and easy to make. 
 


I took a piece of orange card, embossed it and then rubbed over it with some Black Distress Ink using a piece of Cut'n'Dry to give it a bit of a gothic touch.

I used one of my own backing cards for this project because it reminded me of damp mold, slime and things lurking in the night and thought it would go great with the Cob Webs and Spider images.

Using Black Archival Ink, I stamped the Cob Webs around the outside edge of the card and then stamped the Spiders.  To get the longer threads, I turned the stamp upside down and repeat stamped the image, placing a piece of scrap paper as a mask so that the body didn't stamp onto my backing paper.

I made up the card as seen just adding a little Book of Spells tag embellishment.

 
I made my second card in exactly the same way as the one above.
 
 
 
For this card I was thinking blood stains, dragon fang soup and green fluffy monsters!!

I stamped the Cob Webs and the Witches Pot onto my background paper to make the main focal piece.

I then stamped the pot again onto white copier paper, cut out just the bubbles and the steam/smoke and attached it to the main piece with glue.

I made up the card as seen using some green fluffy mulberry paper.

Hubble Bubble!

Thank you for looking.

Florence x

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! Florence, das sind zwei fantastische Halloween-Karten, so richtig spooky und ghostly:-)
    Tolle Hintergrunde, cool und modern. SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two spookylicious cards
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I love what you have done in BOTH fabulous cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful Halloween makes Florence and you have used your inks and stamps so cleverly with fantastic results. I particularly love the embossed background on the first card and the mulberry paper looks great in the background on the second one. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards again, I'm loving the halloween designs even though I don't 'celebrate' the occasion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Florence. Perfect for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Love these. Really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that book of spells & the cauldron is bubbling a wicked brew!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliantly spooky cards Flo, love the spiders, although I run screaming if I find one :-) The mulberry paper is very effective as is the cauldron. I used to love Halloween as a child and Charlie is looking forward to it although he's not sure what is going to happen!! Have you got your pumpkin ready? ;-)
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val, No pumpkins here I am afraid. When I was a child my father used to grow them for us every year. Halloween needs pumpkins! Have a fantastic time with Charlie.
      Flo x

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. Always great to have your company.
    Take care,
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your BG make the cards even spookier! Great combinations and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, the background of the book of spells (the orange one) looks just like embossed leather! The green background looks beautifull too. I rather not talk about spiders... brrr... The second card works equally well, love how it's not traditional colours yet still very Halloween like.
    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so GORGEOUS Florence, your backgrounds were just PERFECT for your inspiration!!! and the stamps you chose are so beautiful, the result is amazing! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a vivid imagination you have Florence it has indeed run riot !!! Amazing cards and love how you describe the process dragon fang soup indeed ! Can you still get that at Lidl ? The stamps are fantastically creepy and the colours are bold and dramatic just as they should be. A refreshing take on Halloween such a pity we don't celebrate here in Greece.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning backgrounds and beautiful cards Florence, great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!