Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Steampunk home (posted by Claire)

Good morning everyone, my sample today features the fabulous  Steampunk Birds, these stamps are such fun and so versatile. I decided to create a new home card combining the new stamps with one of the quirky little cottages from Sunburst Scenes


The background was made using PanPastels, I used a die cut cog as a stencil to create the sun. I coloured the cottage with Graph'It markers. The main images were also coloured with Graph'Its and decoupaged for a little depth. The sentiment is from Home Sweet Home. I matted the scene on some brown card and layered it up on some Kraft resist paper that I'd coloured with Forest Moss distress ink.

Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Great composition Claire. I love the mix of all the quirky elements, the cog sunrise, the little cottage and the little bird family. I love that sentiment stamp, must be one of my favourites. Really imaginative and beautifully coloured. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea to create a sunrise using cogs to echo the Steampunk theme of the cockerel & eggs. The cockerel is a beauty with the colours & I love the way his tail balances the ribbon of the tag sentiment & how both extend across the matting layers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gear as a sun!!! Great steampunkscene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How innovative and clever! I love the sunrise using the cog shape and the Cockerell's lovely tail feathers, and the way you have overlapped onto the outer layer which leads you into the scene. It just shows how versatile these stamps are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. The sunrise looks great & I love the little chick peeping pout of the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! I like the chickens in the foreground, and the Steampunk sun is great!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous scene you've created and ingenious use of cog shape too. Marvellous colouring x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!