Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 11 August 2013

Blue and Gold Snowflakes by Glenda


Here's a simple and quick card with the Snowflake Shadow background.  I stamped with Majestic Blue Versafine onto a pale blue card and embossed with holographic embossing powder (trust me on that, the photo doesn't show it at all).  The greeting is from Gothic Angels and is stamped in the same ink onto a strip of card that I then used a large corner rounder on.

I added some gold stickles to the snowflakes and a snowflake embellishment to the centre of one.  I found some gold glitter card in my stash so used that behind the background and sentiment, added a piece of ribbon (which I have been hoarding for about 10 years) and layered the whole thing onto an old gold 7 inch card.

If I was doing this again, I don't think I'd bother embossing the background stamp, the colour combination is striking enough and the stickles and glitter card adds enough bling to be eye catching.  Leaving out the embossing would speed up production of a batch of these too.

How are you getting on with your Christmas card making?


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely Christmas card Glenda I love the deep blues with the gold not a colour combo I would have used but I will certainly be trying it now. I need to get on with my Christmas cards I've got about 12 done so far but there is still a long way to go lol

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these background stamps, they look just as good as the main image and will make beautiful cards just like this one. I've only managed about 10 cards so far, so really need to get going.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue and in this way it is such a warm card! Beautiful!
    My Christmascards are not comming; I´ll start when the summerholidays are over, at the moment I enjoy the fine weather and making all the DT work and all the B-daycards....
    Have an inky and fun Sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very striking Glenda - I love thew ay you've used the snowflake embellishment on just one of the snowflakes & your ribbon works a treat with the sentiment. The glittery card with your rounded corners there * on the sentiment give a lovely softness in contrast to the jaggedness of the snowflakes.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one, Glenda! I agree with Paula, and this would be a great card for a guy! Clare x0 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!