Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 23 June 2013

Peacock sitting beneath the blossom by Debbie

Hello. The idea for my card came from the thinking that a peacock would never want to be in a cage. For the peacock I used white glossy card and coloured it with green, blue and yellow alcohol inks on a dabber. I then stamped the peacock with black stazon and trimmed it out. For more detail I used a white and gold pen on his tail feathers. The branches above him were stamped in brown from the Chinese Lanterns clear stamps then flowers punched out and edged with pink and a pearl centre. I sat the peacock on top of the die cut cage. Thanks for visiting. Debbie

7 comments:

  1. wow, what a beautifull card, this peacock I like the most, beautifull design and colours!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glorious way to ink up your peacock as he really does look splendid & so proud to be on top of that cage rather than in it !

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your method for stamping the peacock and the blossoms are a delight. It makes for a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful combination! Love the peacock and the blossem! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunner with your highlighting of the tail to echo the gold of the cage. The branch stamped in brown works beautiful so as not to detract from the focal image & I love the way the branch with the flowers together with the cluster of flowers on the cage actually frame the whole. The clean white background provides a super foil for the whole & I like the way your various elements spill over the bordering edges.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I really like your card, really great layout and looks great x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!