Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Peacock Flowers (posted by Claire)

Good morning everyone, Claire here with another card using the lovely new Peacock themed stamps. I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from my teamies. 


I've created a background using distress inks (Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers) and stamped the large Art Nouveau feather (from Tangled Peacock) in the corners with versamark before embossing with WOW Gold embossing powder. I made the flower by stamping the stylised peacock feather stamps on some scraps of backing paper from Peacock Summer Party. I embossed them with gold embossing powder, cut them out and layered them up to create the flower. In the centre I've added bottlecap with a glass cabochon. To finish off I've added some gold die cut swirls.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Clare the colours are just lovely a WOW from me. Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, adore the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is a stunning card Claire. I love the colours, they really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claire!
    Love the shape and colour of this card!
    LoveMarg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite spectacular with the effect of the glass cabochon & the gold. The metal of the bottle cap really accentuates the metallic of the gold embossing & I love the way you get an idea of the peacock's glassy eye with the cabochon too. (Well - that's what my brain did with it).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow Shirley whar a great and special result. So awesome and of course I love your colors
    lovely greet and hug
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful laire I love the addition of the large gem in the centre of the flower and those colours are gorgeous

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are so rich. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, so eye catching and gorgeous, the colour blend is fab x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!