Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 27 February 2013

More Fantasy Trees (by Shirley)

Hello everyone !  I hope you are doing well.

I have a couple of cards today using designs from the Fantasy Woodland,  I've had a lot of fun 'playing' with this set.   


I used Pan Pastels to create the background on the card above.   I also added a little design with TCW's Mini Solace stencil and Distress Ink.     I stamped the delicate trees from Fantasy Woodland with Versafine Black ink along with the quote from Words of Inspiration.





The background for the card above was created using Pool, Lime & Ocean Smooch Inks.    For a description of the technique please see my blog post here.     I embossed one of the small trees from Fantasy Woodland with gold to create leaves in the background.   The main tree image was also embossed with gold & I blended Smooch inks to colour.    I embossed it a 2nd time to decoupage.   The die cut is Spellbinder S5-062 and the small piece under the Owl charm is S5-063.

The photo does not do the Owl charm justice, he has lots of bling that it hard to see. 



Thanks for stopping by,
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. There both great cards! Love the colorcombies! They pull you right in a lovelt fantasy world... Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful cards Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Shirley, I love how you used the small tree to create what looks like skeleton leaves.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to know where to start with these. I'll start with my favourite which is the final one - the glow behind the principal image is stunning in the way it echoes the gold stamped leaves of the background & having decoupaged the trees really makes that glow even more striking. Your use of aquas & green is also striking & I like the way you layered the little die-cut your owl sits on exactly onto the point of horizontal die-cut border beneath it.
    Your moody background is beautiful in the first sample & I particularly like your way of adding interest using the stencils. Your shading of the sun adds beautiful emphasis to the trees too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, your new creations are out-of-this-world! Excellent job on both! I think my favorite of these is the last one, and I agree with Paula that the glow behind the main image looks so cool! That little owl is cute!
    As Paula said, the first card really stands out with the main image, and the stencils really do add interest! What do you use to shade your colors? I can't get mine to look like that - whatever I use seems to make it look like whatever I use - sponge, dauber, q-tip, etc.
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!