Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Beauty in a Single Rose (by Shirley)

Hello everyone ! 

Today I have a card created with the single rose from the gorgeous Rose & Thistle set.   I enjoy the challenge of one-layer, clean & simple cards and decided to create one with this beautiful rose.  If you follow my blog then you've already seen this design.  I apologize but it 'got away' on me during a 'fumble finger' moment.   



 
I drew lines with a fine pencil on the right hand area of folded heavy card stock.    I embossed the single Rose with black.    I created masks with scrap paper to cover the area that I wanted to keep white & blended Shabby Shutters Distress Ink in the open area.   Next I used Peeled Paint Distress ink with the Mini-Harlequin TCW Stencil.   

After removing the masks I stamped Love from the Artistic Expressions set (I use this set a lot!) with black versafine ink.   I coloured the rose with co-ordinating Distress Markers and blended a little with water.    Very easy & quick to create !

Thanks for your visit and have a great day !
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card I love is simplicity

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Shirley, this packs an extra punch because of the simplicity. I'm trying to do more simple...it's hard for me.

    Hugs, Clare xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just divine and the script stamp just gorgeous :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!