Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 4 November 2012

Tangled Garden - autumn leaves (posted by Elaine)

The new Tangled Garden stamps include some great large statement flower and butterfly stamps and some gorgeous leaves. It was these leaves that I decided to play with by using masking.


I decided to use a simple colour palette for this card, stamping in black. This is a 6 x 6 inch card, so I cut the white panel before I started stamping. I stamped larger leaves on the panel and then masked them with the same leaves stamped onto Eclipse tape and carefully cut out. I stamped around the masked leaves to fill in all the gaps, moving the masks around the panel as I worked. 

I added some highlighted with a red marker, stamped a sentiment from the Pretty Poppies set and added a black ribbon and a couple of rows of black gems before matting onto a black panel to add definition to the edge.

Glenda commented that this card reminded her of piles of crispy autumn leaves, which is how this post got it's name!

There are more great cards to come from the other girls on the DT, plenty of inspiration to tempt you to these lovely new stamps.

Elaine x

7 comments:

  1. You look as though you had some fab "play" time!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Elaine, marvelous combination.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Elaine I love how you have added all the layers and the red highlights are fab

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - looks like you've drawn them all yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Elaine! All leaves so well placed on the card; just beautifull! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just terrific - I always love leaves & this kind of design particularly. The way you have softened this with such selective colouring & areas of white space in the background is quite an education. This has really given me some ideas for Christmas designs too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful masking work on this one! I love the striking colors of black, red and white together! Great job! Clare xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!