Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Celebrating Friendship

Good morning all. My card today is a clean and simple card that uses a combination of the new clear stamps. I love the way that these new stamps can be mixed up. The lanterns are from Chinese Lanterns and the sentiment is from Best Relative Ever.
I used Memento black ink to stamp the lanterns and coloured with alcohol pens. It's not easy to see on the photograph but I drew around the edge of the lanterns with a light grey to give them dimension. The words are stamped individually and the beauty of clear stamps is that the can be lined up so easily. I matted onto black card and fixed to a white base card. I have a special friend who is having nearing the end of her chemotherapy and this card will be heading over to her in a few weeks as I want to hand deliver it but I've been full of cold and have stayed away as not to pass it to her. Have a good Wednesday. Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Simple but effective! A great card Debbie.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subtle effect of your grey outlining is beautifully visible. Lovely idea with the different colours of those lanterns. The black matting really sets this off.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really eye catching, clean n simple and stylish too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I really must try and incorporate larger white space into some designs, see what I think to make a change, thanks for jogging the ole grey matter x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!