Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 March 2012

I'm so egg-sited (by Debbie)

Hello. My card is made from the Baroque Eggs stamps and the detail on them is exquisite. If these eggs were in a chocolate shop they would definately be very expensive.




I stamped the eggs with Duo Embellishing Adhesive which I had squeezed out onto a foam pad so I could apply it easily. This glue stays tacky allowing time to rub over gold leaf. I applied three different coloured gold leaves and it picked out the detail of the eggs beautifully. I made the butterflies in the same way and cut them out. The sentiment is from Easter Traditions.

A close up of the eggs really shows the detail of the eggs.



I hope this inspires you.
Debbie

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Debbie love your card. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Debbie. What a fantastic colors you have made. Marvelous.
    Warm greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Debbie. The eggs look stunning with the good leaf.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw, Debbie, they look like real eggs, but than 100 times more beautifull, what beautifull colours you have used!!Fantastic!!!

    Greetings

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. The different colours of the gilded eggs catch the eye beautifully & I love the way you have cut those corners making the eye think (can eyes think?) there is another ovate shape to follow. Definitely egg-siting!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this shows the eggs at their best. Maybe even a few jewels or pearls. Just gorgeous!
    Jackie
    U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are stunning.I really love those stamps.
    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow these eggs are stunning I love how the guiding really shows off the patterns on the eggs

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifull! What a great idee to use this technique for the egg-stamps! Greetz, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. These eggs are so opulent. Love this striking card.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used the gold leaf, but if this is how it turns out, I want to learn how to use it on everything! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!