Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 31 March 2012

Elegant Primula by Claire

Hi, Claire here with another card made using a beautiful primula stamp from the new stamp sheet Elegant Spring Flowers.


I love this delicate primula with the beautiful script background, I  coloured with image with promarkers and added a little glitter to the centre  of the flowers, unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show up too well in the photo.

I've edged the image with pumice stone distress ink and matted on some dark blue card. To create the corners, I used the bottom die from Shapeabilities Fancy Tags 2 and trimmed the top and bottom of the die cut shape and attached them behind the image. The paper is from one of the Guild paper packs that I've hoarded for ages but I had to cut it as I thought it complemented this image beautifully. to finish off I added some blue ribbon and a little bow

Thanks for visiting, I think these new stamps are perfect for this time of year
Claire cc

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Claire love that stamp as well. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set of stamps too and have already made several cards for birthdays and Easter. Your card is very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supeerb the way you've used those corners to echo the flowerheads shape & I like the deep rich purple of your matting & ribbon.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Claire I love the way you have used those corners

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Claire! Love your colors and work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!